CCIE Commissioner Nominations
CCIE is seeking a pool from which new Commissioners may be selected. For more information on nominating yourself or someone else, please contact Barb Shaffer, Chair of the Nominating Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Overview of the Commissioner Role
CCIE is dedicated to excellence in interpreter education through accreditation and peer-review of interpreter education programs.
CCIE promotes the professional competence of interpreter educators through fostering a comprehensive Self-Study Review process, measuring those efforts against a set of Academic and Organizational Standards, and conducting an on-site peer review of the applicant program. The highest achievement an applicant program may receive is Full Accreditation from CCIE.
Commissioners play a critical role in this process. Commissioners are required to:
- Attend monthly conference calls (2 hours in length)
- Attend an annual day-long virtual meeting
- Participate on at least one standing committee of CCIE
- Participate in at least one Self-Study Rating & on-site visit every two (2) years (dependent on application volume)
- Actively promote accreditation
- Adhere to all policies and procedures set forth by CCIE
CCIE will strive for diversity and to maintain a composition of respected experts such as, but not limited to:
- Interpreter educator
- ASL faculty
- Public member (e.g. accreditation, legal, financial, or academic administration expert)
- Interpreter practitioner
- Interpreter education program administrator
Expected Time Commitment
On average, a commissioner may spend approximately 8-10 hours a month doing the work of CCIE. During the review process of a Self-Study this workload may increase to 15-20 hours per month. The term is three years and may be renewed.
Application Process and Timeline
Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis. To Apply, please submit the following items:
- Letter of Interest
- Contact Information for two (2) Professional References.
- Please submit these items via email to email@example.com
- Candidates will be presented to the Board of CCIE at their monthly meetings as needed.
- Applicants will be reviewed and interviews will be scheduled on an as needed basis, depending on the vacated seats of Commissioners.